Thursday, June 19, 2014

Websites

This week we were tasked with searching different library websites to figure out which things we liked and didn't like and to link two websites that we liked and discuss why we like them.  I tried to search for Elementary School websites since I want to work as an elementary school librarian.  The first website I found that I really like was Salisbury Elementary School Library.  I love the clean layout of this website.  The creator of this website does a good job designing this website with a lot of principles discussed in the textbook.  The website is is not "cluttered" like most of the websites I found.  Everything is streamlined, aesthetically pleasing, and harmonious.  The creator of this website only used a couple different font types and colors.  I like how the type on the page is done in blue but on the side scrollbar the bar is blue and the type is white, these compliment each other very well.

The 2nd site that liked was Elementary School Library.  I think this site is part of a student assignment because it does not specify a school name.  This site has a lot of the same design elements of the first.  It has plenty of white space to keep the website uncluttered.  The colors go well together and the creator of the website does not use too many types of font.  There are a few more colors on this site than the first and at times I don't think the change in color is necessary but I don't feel it distracts too much from the website.

I am going to play around with the weebly website as well as google sites to see which one I would prefer to use but based on the websites I found online, I like the designs of the weebly websites better.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with many of your comments about the sites you chose. They are uncluttered and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The white space, use of font, and choice of color all add to a good design product. The second one looks like it was made for a class like this one.

    ReplyDelete