Sunday, June 15, 2014

Educational Podcast

The podcast I chose came from the website www.teachercreatedmaterials.com/podcasts/.  It was listed under the Shell Education Podcasts and is titled "Using Poems for Word Study".  I chose this podcast by Dr. Timothy Rasinski because it was interesting to me as a first grade teacher.  In first grade, my main focus is on teaching children to read and I am always looking for ways to help struggling readers.  I have used poetry in the past to help students with concept of word but had never thought about using it with word study.  I am going to check out the collection of poems to use with word study that he referenced in the podcast, I think it will be helpful in my weekly planning.

http://www.shelleducation.com/podcasts/using_poems_for_word_study_podcast.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment