Sunday, June 15, 2014

Audio Messages

This week in Production of Instructional Materials we were tasked with checking out 3 different audio sites that would allow us to add audio to our blogs.  These materials can also be used in the classroom and be added to presentations.  I think students would love these tools when creating a presentation.  A lot of students don't like to speak in front of the classroom so this could be a first step in them presenting to their classmates.  They could create a presentation and use one of these audio tools to "do the talking".  The first tool I checked out was Vocaroo, it seemed really easy to use because you didn't have to sign up for anything but I could not get the microphone on my computer to pick up/record my voice...it was broken sounding and cracking.  After trying to attach my husbands gaming headset with microphone attached and that not working either, I gave up and moved on to the next audio tool.  The 2nd website I went to was AudioPal, I really liked that because it gave me the option to record on the phone.  I quickly recorded a message on the phone, had AudioPal send me the link and uploaded the message to my blog.  I was also able to set how often the message plays (I chose once per visit).  After figuring out AudioPal, I went to the Voki website because I was curious as to how the audio and avatar would work together.  I really liked this option because it gives the "audience" something to look at as well as listen to.  I really think students would enjoy this option the best because they would have fun playing with the avatar options.






1 comment:

  1. I also had trouble getting my microphone to work! I definitely liked that Audiopal and Voki had the phone option because I found that to be much easier. Love the avatar you created!

    ReplyDelete